Sunday, June 28, 2009

Naps

So for the last two weeks we have been
having issues with getting Lincoln to take a nap.
Usually he is a very consistent nap taker usually
a nap at 9:30 and then one around 2:30.
Each nap is about an hour and a half. Well
these last two weeks he decided that the only time he
would take a nap was if we were in the car. If I put
him down in his crib he would either fall asleep for 20 minutes
and wake up screaming or scream and then talk
forever and never fall asleep. This is very frusterating
because we can tell how tired he is by his crying and rubbing
his eyes. I am at the point where I don't know what to do.
If anyone has any suggestions in this area PLEASE let me know.

7 comments:

toddnjoelle

OK, Uncle Todd to the rescue. Slip some Benedryl in his bottle. That oughta do it!

toddnjoelle

Seriously though, he's probably old enough for just one nap. Wait till the afternoon (around 1pm) and put him down then. It'll take a couple of days for him to adjust. If he wakes up, you may have to do the "baby boot camp" all over again.

At least that's what worked for our kids . . . . Good luck!

Hilary

I agree. I bet he's just ready for one nap. I do my best to keep Jayden awake in the car because otherwise he won't nap either. Maybe play some kid songs or get a special bag of toys he can only play with in the car.

Rebecca

i echo the time for one nap comments...that was a sad time for me. :)

dcandmc

Maysi has left her two naps a day and is down to one. It is just a fact of life. They grow up too quickly. Soon it will be no naps and I will be going crazy. :)

The Mecham Family

Maybe it's just a phase and he'll be napping again soon enough... :( Sorry! How about putting some quiet music on in his room?

Nelson Family

I love nap problems. I am just getting started with those. School is done. I will officially be graduated in August, but all my classes are over with.