Wednesday, January 21, 2009

San Francisco

The First week of January Craig went to San Francisco
on Business, I was able to go there for the weekend.
My family offered to watch Lincoln for us so we could have a mini
vacation. It was really hard for me to leave him considering it
was the first time I have ever left him for longer than a couple of
hours but once I was gone everything was ok. However,
I did miss him tons. It was nice for Craig and I to get
away.
We took a tour on a bus around the city to
see all the sites. It was kind of long but
we got to see lots of neat things. The bus
stopped lots of times but only one of the stops
had food so we paid tons for a lunch that really
wasn't any good.
San Francisco City from the top of Twin Peaks.
We rode the cable cars several times when we
were there they were a lot of fun. The weather
was wonderful while we were there. It was a
nice change from here.
Craig in the Middle of Lombard Street. We decided
to get off the cable car and walk down Lombard and
over to the pier it was tons of walking and we were exhausted
by the time we got home.
We were able to go to Alcatraz one of the days
it was very neat. Both of us really wanted to
go so we were very glad to be there.
In solitary confinment at Alcatraz.
This is where friends and family came to visit
prisoners they could only look and talk through
this little window.
Craig listening to the Alcatraz tour standing
next to one of the grounds uniforms.
One of the jail cells, it was scary in there
On the pier we went to a donut shop and got
a huge bucket of mini donuts. Oh Yummy!
Us by the Golden Gate Bridge.
Our last day in San Francisco we went ate Crepes
for Breakfast on the Pier and then went on a drive
by the Golden Gate Bridge. Me in the car after
looking down over the city.

7 comments:

Rebecca

Oh I am so jealous! I LOVE San Francisco! I keep telling Bart we have to go visit sometime. I'm glad you guys had a great time.

Loni

I love San Francisco! Dave and I went to alot of the same places you did when we were there. I thought Alcatraz was so cool, a little creepy but cool! I'm glad you had a nice time.

Hilary

How fun! As hard as it is to leave our kids, it's also so nice sometimes. I hope you guys had a great time!

Laurel

Jealousy factor has just multiplied a lot. Looks like you had a blast.

Trish Griffee

Oh I'm jelous. San Fran is where I practically grew up...ok a few miles south but it's still home. Love that weather!...you're lucky there was no fog so you could actually see the city.

toddnjoelle

Looks like you had a great time and a nice break. Cool you got good weather. You never know with San Franciso.

Scott and Elly

What a fun getaway! Looks like you guys had a great time! Seeing your pics brings me back...such a cool city.