Saturday, March 22, 2008

Sewing

I decided I was going to make a blanket for the baby
and when we were at the store a lady asked me if
I had ever made a rag quilt. She got me a pattern and
told how to make one so I decided to attempt it, even
though I am not very good at sewing yet. Saturday I
finally had eveything cut out and the front and backs
sewn together so it was time to put it all together.
Mittens loves to help with everything around the
house. He pretty much sat on the table next to me
the whole time I was sewing. Craig also helped a lot
with this project, he helped me figure out all the
measurements, and the random pattern.
What a great husband. The blanket turned
out great and now I just have to cut the material to make
it fray. I am excited.

11 comments:

The Mecham Family

I've never attempted a rag quilt...yours looks SUPER cute!! And it looks like you've done it a million times!

Nicole Fryer

Thanks, that is nice of you. it has taken a while since I am not very good at sewing yet.

Hilary

I've been wanting to make a blanket or something too, because I just got a sewing machine for Christmas. Was the rag quilt hard to make? Yours looks so cute!

Nicole Fryer

It wasn't too hard it just took me a little longer becuase I didn't know what I was doing. I can try and write up some instructions for you.

Hilary

I would love to know how to do it! Thanks for offering! Don't stress about it or anything though. I know you probably have a lot on your plate right now.

Crystal

Rag quilts are the easiest!!! It is actually the only kind I have made... I recommend using 6 squares (mine are 6") and make burpclothes. These burpclothes are SO easy and make cute homemade baby gifts!! Good luck!!

Nicole Fryer

Crystal, how do you do the burpcloths?

Crystal

Just use 6 of the squares in whatever color pattern you want. (two rows of 3) Then sew them like you do on the quilts with the frays sticking out on one side. I hope that makes sense. I'll send one to work with Taylor. He might not remember so you might to ask him.

Nicole Fryer

Crystal,
Thanks for sending those, I am definately going to make one those are so cute.

toddnjoelle

That's great that you are making a quilt for your baby. I made a quilt for Ella. I had fun and spent lots of money on it:) Maybe someday i'll make one for Claire.

Scott and Elly

Hey guys. Just wanted to say hi. Hope all is well. Try and head to Oregon over the Labor Day. See ya soon!
-Scott